Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tough times

Laws SUCK!! Brett and I KNEW that we wanted to get married and we knew it was going to probably be sooner then later :) Little did we know we would only date a short time and get married! ALthough rumors flew that I was pregnant and I was asked DAILY if I was, rest assure I'm not and thats NOT why we got married. #1 we got married because I for one know I CAN'T live without Brett. He is my soulmate and my best friend! I can tell Brett anything in the world and he is the one person I know without a doubt understands me and will NOT judge me! #2 I can't WAIT to spend the rest of my life with his guy! We laugh ALL the time, we are comfotable with each other and he ALWAYS wants me to sit on his lap (I lovers how mushy gushy we are :)) I couldn't imagine life from the day I met him without him. Im not really sure why God made me wait so long to find him!!

Having a step kid can be VERY tough at times; its confusing, heart wrenching, amazing, awesome so many emotions.... At the end of the day though it is worth it and I have accepted and learned to love Rylan as my own!! He is blast and it wasn't easy at first and, Im not saying it wont be hard ever, will probably always be a "test" to me. But although I struggle with it Rylan doesn't seem to mind and he has accepted me full throttle! Kids are a lot smarter then we give them credit for! Rylan gives me hugs and kisses and tells me in his most sweetest voice "I lub you angie" and it melts.my.heart! My family has accepted Rylan and they ADORE him and LOVE him to pieces!

Having a step kid also means you get to enjoy him with his BM (birth mom) and step dad! Im not going to lie that has the hardest step I think, for ALL of us! However, I put my big girl panties on and became an adult?!?! Geeze.... With a lot of prayers and hard work from both me and Rylans mom I an now say we get along! Which makes life SO much easier!! Shes a good person and her husband is in the military so, as you can imagine, shes alone A LOT!!! It makes life so much easier if everyone can get along! So know that it CAN be done :)

We finally got our visitations all sit up with Rylan, and with him living in Kentucky we get Rylan 1 week out of every month! Usually the first week of the month :)

So at the end of the day being a step-mommy to this beautiful 2 year old isnt so bad after all! Rylan is slowly teaching my patience and that its ok to let the house get dirty, its ok to get water ALL OVER the bathroom floor when its bathtime, its ok to get so super messy when its spaghetti night or its ok to let your hair down and justy enjoy time with family!! Im learning here so dont hate on me, yet!! Its fun and a challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment